Recover Your PIN
If you’ve forgotten your Password Synchronization PIN, you may be able to recover it from a computer with which you are already synchronizing passwords. For example, if your home computer is correctly synchronizing passwords, you can retrieve your PIN from that computer.
Here are the steps you will need to follow to retrieve your PIN from a computer that’s successfully synchronizing passwords:
- Open up the Firefox Settings.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Click on “Saved Passwords”. A window showing all your saved passwords will appear.
- In the “Saved Passwords” window, type “PIN” into the search box. You should see an entry called “sync.foxmarks.com” (Foxmarks Sync PIN).
- Click on “Show Passwords” to view the PIN.
Note that this will only work if you had selected “Remember this PIN between sessions” when setting up Password Synchronization.
Reset Your PIN
- Open your Xmarks Settings from your Xmarks icon
- Select the Sync tab and click the “Synchronize your Passwords with LastPass” link
- This LastPass message will appear, select “Wait! I need to migrate my password data out of Xmarks first!”
- Your Xmarks Settings should now display a password option. Check Passwords and select “Reset PIN”
- Enter your new PIN.
- Bookmark Manager Basics
- Premium Features
- Chrome Troubleshooting
- Disabling a Proxy Server
- Duplicate Bookmarks
- Forgotten Password
- Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
- Password Manager
- Sending Us Your Log File
- Uninstalling and Deleting