Xmarks Password Manager
The Xmarks Password Sync feature is being phased out.
We are strongly encouraging all users to migrate to LastPass for this feature. We understand the inconvenience and are working to make the transition as smooth as possible by providing multiple export and import options for your passwords.
Install the LastPass Firefox add-on. During the initial setup wizard, you will be asked to import your data from Firefox. Do so and all of your Xmarks passwords will be automatically imported into LastPass.
If you already have a LastPass account, login, go to your LastPass Icon > Tools > Import From > Follow the steps for Firefox Password Manager.
If you’re not a registered user of LastPass, you’ll be able to create your account through the install wizard.
Please make sure you are using Xmarks for Chrome v1.0.4 or greater.
Also make sure that password sync is enabled. (Xmarks Icon > Xmarks Settings > “Sync” Tab > “Passwords” option is checked)
You should now see “LastPass Import Wizard” as an option at the bottom of your Xmarks Icon menu.
Click “LastPass Import Wizard” to initiate import of your Xmarks passwords to LastPass.
Recover Your PIN
If you’ve forgotten your Password Synchronization PIN, you may be able to recover it from a computer with which you are already synchronizing passwords. For example, if your home computer is correctly synchronizing passwords, you can retrieve your PIN from that computer.
Here are the steps you will need to follow to retrieve your PIN from a computer that’s successfully synchronizing passwords:
- Open up the Firefox Settings.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Click on “Saved Passwords”. A window showing all your saved passwords will appear.
- In the “Saved Passwords” window, type “PIN” into the search box. You should see an entry called “sync.foxmarks.com” (Foxmarks Sync PIN).
- Click on “Show Passwords” to view the PIN.
Note: that this will only work if you had selected “Remember this PIN between sessions” when setting up Password Synchronization.
Reset Your PIN
- Open your Xmarks Settings from your Xmarks icon
- Select the Sync tab and click the “Synchronize your Passwords with LastPass” link
- This LastPass message will appear, select “Wait! I need to migrate my password data out of Xmarks first!”
- Your Xmarks Settings should now display a password option. Check Passwords and select “Reset PIN”
- Enter your new PIN.
Restore Xmarks Passwords
Xmarks users may notice that the password feature has been discontinued with new versions of the Xmarks plugins. For Xmarks users who had previously used this feature, you can re-enable password sync to access all of your passwords stored in Xmarks and then import them to LastPass.
- Click the Xmarks Icon.
- Xmarks Settings will appear.
- Select the Sync Tab.
- Click “Synchronize your passwords with LastPass”.
- Click “Wait! I need to migrate my data out of Xmarks first”. Your Sync tab should now include a password option.
- For instructions on how to import your Xmarks password to LastPass, please see the “Installing LastPass” tab.
Restore your passwords from previous syncs:
- Go to my.xmarks.com
- Select, “Tools”.
- Click, “Restore Old Passwords”.
- Select a backup date and time.
- Click “View” to display that password list.
- Enter your PIN and click “OK”.
- Bookmark Manager Basics
- Premium Features
- Chrome Troubleshooting
- Disabling a Proxy Server
- Duplicate Bookmarks
- Forgotten Password
- Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
- Password Manager
- Sending Us Your Log File
- Uninstalling and Deleting