Your Xmarks Icon
Once you have installed Xmarks, an icon will appear in your browser
The location of the icon differs within each browser:
- Chrome: top right in the menu bar.
- Internet Explorer: bottom right in the systems tray.
- Safari: top right in the menu bar (the Xmarks icon will be grey/black instead of blue).
- Firefox: top right in the add-on bar.
- If your Xmarks icon doesn’t appear in Firefox, it is likely hiding in ‘Additional Tools and Features’. You can find the steps from Firefox here to drag and drop the Xmarks icon into your add-on bar.
The Xmarks icon gives you immediate access to all major features of Xmarks. After logging into Xmarks, clicking on the Icon will drop down a toolbar menu where you can use the following features:
- Xmarks Settings
- My Xmarks
- Synchronize Now
- Open Remote Tabs
View your current sync status, view account status, report a bug and view Xmarks release notes. Selecting the respective options performs a manual sync, signs out of Xmarks, and runs the Xmarks setup wizard.
View and manage your Synchronization Types and Synchronization Options:
- Enable or disable Bookmark Sync and Open Tab Sync.
- Assign and edit a name for your computer for Open Tab Sync across multiple platforms.
- Enable or disable Automatic Synchronization.
This feature restores your bookmarks to an earlier version. You can preview and restore from any of the previous bookmark sets safely backed up in your Xmarks web account.
The Restore Tab is only present in Account Setting for Firefox. In all other browsers, this feature is located in my.xmarks.com under “Tools” > “Explore and Restore Old Bookmarks”.
Use sync profiles to keep sensitive bookmarks where they belong. Create and manage sync profiles at my.xmarks.com. Then choose a profile to control what Xmarks syncs to and from one or multiple computers.
Bookmark-powered Web Discovery. — View and edit your discovery settings here (in Firefox only).
- Smarter Search – Xmarks will help you discover top sites right on Google.
- Site Info – Xmarks will show you site information and similar sites when you click on the Xmarks info icon in your location bar.
- Site Tags and Ratings – When you bookmark a site, Xmarks will suggest tags for it and let you rate it.
- Advanced – View your connection security options, perform a manual upload or a manual download and set your logging settings.
- Manual Upload – Uploading your bookmarks sends the browser’s data to our servers. This will replace any data you currently have saved on our servers.
- Manual Download – Downloading your bookmarks will overwrite the data currently on the computer with the saved data on our servers.
- Logging – Enabling logging is important in troubleshooting errors in Xmarks; thus, we highly suggest that all users enable logging.
Other Xmarks Icon Feature
- Bookmark Manager Basics
- Premium Features
- Chrome Troubleshooting
- Disabling a Proxy Server
- Duplicate Bookmarks
- Forgotten Password
- Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
- Password Manager
- Sending Us Your Log File
- Uninstalling and Deleting