Keep sensitive data where it belongs. Leave your personal content at home and your work data at the office. Use your Mobile profile to keep your smartphone happy.
Go to my.xmarks.com to view and manage your profiles.
- Click “Sync Profiles”. A pop up window should appear.
- Click “Add” to create a new profile. Name each profile to reflect its nature or location. For example, “Work”, “Home” or “Business Confidental”. You can create up to six profiles: mobile.xmarks.com plus five other profiles. Note that the mobile profile is permanent and can not be deleted despite your premium status.
- Once all profiles are created, select the profile you wish to manage in the left pane.
- The right pane, by default, will list all bookmarks found in the Bookmarks Toolbar. Check and/or uncheck the bookmarks you wish to view while in this profile.
- To access bookmarks found in the Bookmarks Folder, click the drop down menu to show the Bookmarks Menu. Check and/or uncheck the bookmarks you wish to view while in the profile.
- Click “Save and Close”.
*Note that only top level folders can be selected to hide/show in profiles.
Assign Profiles to Browsers
- Within your desired browser, open Xmarks Settings: Xmarks icon > Xmarks Settings. For Internet Explorer and Safari, click on the Xmarks icon in the tray to open settings.
- Select the “Profiles” tab (or click the Sync Profiles button if in IE).
- By default, Xmarks does not work under a specific profile (<none>) so all bookmarks will appear. Click, “Change”.
- Xmarks will prompt you to login again.
- A “Change Sync Profile” pop-up will appear. Select the profile you wish to use from the drop down list.
- Click, “OK” to save or “Cancel” to exit.
- Bookmark Manager Basics
- Premium Features
- Chrome Troubleshooting
- Disabling a Proxy Server
- Duplicate Bookmarks
- Forgotten Password
- Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
- Password Manager
- Sending Us Your Log File
- Uninstalling and Deleting