Welcome to the Xmarks Helpdesk! This guide will walk you through the basics of using Xmarks including how to sync and backup bookmarks, sync different profiles, sharing bookmarks with family and friends, and secure password sync.
We recommend that you download from the main download page. Simply click download to initiate the installation process. Using the installer, you will be able to create your Xmarks account.
An alternative way to create an Xmarks account:
- Go to http://login.xmarks.com/account/create_account.
- Enter your desired username, email and password.
- Click “Create Account”.
Sync your Bookmarks
Once you have installed the Xmarks plug-in, you can manually sync your bookmarks from all supported browsers.
- Simply click the Xmarks icon.
- Select “Synchronize Now”.
Note, by default, automatic synchronization is enabled and will sync every hour.
Xmarks currently supports the following operating systems, web browsers, and mobile devices.
Add Another Computer
Once you install Xmarks on your other computers, it will work seamlessly in the background to keep your data in sync.
To install Xmarks on another computer and start synchronizing:
- On your other computer, go to www.xmarks.com.
- Click “Install Now”.
- In the setup wizard, select “Yes, I am a registered Xmarks user”.
- Enter your username and password.
- Repeat these steps on all of your computers.
- Bookmark Manager Basics
- Premium Features
- Chrome Troubleshooting
- Disabling a Proxy Server
- Duplicate Bookmarks
- Forgotten Password
- Internet Explorer Troubleshooting
- Password Manager
- Sending Us Your Log File
- Uninstalling and Deleting